Sunday, February 23, 2014

Let's Send More Fan Art!

    Someday I would like to live in South Korea and still be able to work as a storyboard artist.  I also enjoy music videos, and Kpop.  To be able to do that someday requires connections and knowledge of the industry.  In that case the fan art idea is a good way to try find some information really quickly, like who is in charge of the ideas for the music videos, are storyboards used, etc.  Therefore this fan art thing is going to be a continuing project.  In fact, it is really no different than what I am doing with the Joss Whedon networking attempt, but for South Korea Kpop.

       To start off with I am choosing artist I really like, because it is easier for me to come up with an idea that could connect with them.  For a project like this,  having something that connects with them means they will like it a lot more and be more eager to respond.   Otherwise it will just be another random piece of fan mail.  So, when it comes time to send stuff to artist that I don't follow often, I will have to do a lot of research on them.

       An example is the drawing that I am going to send to Ailee.

and of course this image apparently still needs to be cleaned up more.

        I have followed Ailee's career a little so I had a little bit of an idea of what to add. First off being that she is known for having a very powerful voice.  So my first idea is to show her voice being very powerful.  I then added things relating to her videos, and pet pomeranion,  to make the image seem more impressive.  Basically it is the idea of easter eggs in video games.  Like the others this is still a quicker image that I did the final pencil and inking for in a few hours.  Basically something that can be worked on at the end of the day, or with a couple of free hours.  Now I just need to package it up, and have it wait to be shipped along with the drawings for Miryo and Narsha.

 The critque:
        -  The composition is okay.  It would look better if I put a background on there and added some random things, but that would take a lot more time.  The perspective is solid and everything is readable.  Also the line work looks better than the other ones I did.  That is because I used pencil blue line for the line work and pen blue line for the perspective grid.  Best idea yet!
        -  I used a Zebra brush pen for the first time on this.  I like the fact that there is less jitter with my strokes, but there is not much flexibility with the line width.  


No comments:

Post a Comment