Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Overly Problematic Networking Attempt pt.1

           So at the end of August I had finished what I thought was my last class at Savannah College of Art and Design.  During that time I had the idea to send letters to various directors and creators and try to see if I could create a small discussion by talking shop.  One in a million, but whatever.  I tried it a couple of times and slipped in a storyboarding portfolio.  One got sent back as an unsolicited submission while the other there was no reply.  Then I decided to try it with cute fan art as a "bribe" so to speak.  My first attempt is Legend of Korra creators Mike and Bryan.  Obviously with the title this hasn't been as easy as it seems.

          The concept I came up with was to mix Gangam Style with the Legend of Korra cast in Season 2 clothing.  This was before Gangam Style blew up overseas and was just really popular in South Korea and people who are into Kpop.  I was also assuming that one of the two would have come across or heard about it, since the animation is done in South Korea. But I digress, after finishing class, I started to brainstorm and thumbnailed my idea out.  Like so.



 Also during this I was watching the video and referencing the dancing. This way I could pick and choose the poses that I wanted, and stay true to the research material.



          So while thinking about this, I was trying to decided between two images, both I like but I wasn't sure which would be better.  So I decided to do two, one for Mike, and one for Bryan.  That didn't work out so well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment