See there is this cute girl next to me who I was chatting with she is a motion media major. Eventually I found out that she is using After Effects, and asked her how her cutouts became so clean. She then told me that I can import PSD files.
The importance of this is that for both the first and second thumbnail video I was using the pen tool to create my cut outs. Some times this could take a while, like 30 minutes. The whole time I was wishing that I could use the quick select tool in Photoshop! Revery single second of using that fucking pen tool!!
Dear God, please let me remember this whenever I finally get to work on the final video.
Edit:
Ahem!
Of course there is a good lesson that can be learned from this as well.
I would never have learned this had I not communicated with another artist or asked someone about it. Really this is one of the nice things of being able to still sneak into SCAD labs. Communication is key in learning and growing as an artist as well. This is how you learn about new techniques,, things going on in the art world, or new angles on ideas that you would have never thought of before. Art school can only do but so much in that regard. Though it does make it it easier since everybody is crammed into classrooms, or labs, or working spaces.
I am not saying that I am very good at this myself. In fact, I am doing this less and less actually. the longer this project takes the more I am forsaking social interaction to make more progress on it. Also I don't interact on Deviantart, Tumblr, or any of the other art related social networking websites. However that does not change the importance of the need to communicate with other artists.


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment