After the thumbnails come the final images. The rushed, done at the last minute storyboards.
Just look at that hand. Ouch.
So basically I drew these out. The final count of images turned out to be about 147 images, done in a very short amount of time. So, these probably aren't going to go into a portfolio anytime soon.
This is a story of how I guy gives up in life. This can already be seen when the character stops using gloves and ice, also when he smokes pot. This however happens at the end of a number a scenes where bad stuff happens. I decided to help show the progression by changing the characters clothing with each. I decided to try and help emphasize this with the main characters clothing.
First he is wearing basically a suite with the jacket, along with an apron. As if he is trying to be a professional as possible.
Then goes the tie and the sleeves are rolled up. He is not trying to look overly professional.
Now the apron is gone and the food stains are on his shirt, making it a mess. Maybe as if he has stopped caring but is still trying to look nice.
Now he is just in shorts and a t-shirt. He has stopped caring bout being professional or looking nice completely.
Also more drafting tape uses!
This allows creates a professional look by keeping the edges of the drawing area clean and neat. The problem with doing this is that the tack gets left behind and has to be wiped off, or it looks bad. Also the tape wears out wears out very quickly, so I go through a lot of it.
There is a third lesson as well. ALWAYS USE TWO PERSPECTIVE POINTS!!!
For instance,
This image is very off. I was rushing and being stupid so I tried to fudge the other perspective point and be quick about it. Bad idea.
Now with the second perspective point it looks a lot better. So is my lesson learned? Sadly, probably not.







No comments:
Post a Comment