Friday, May 17, 2013

A Pro Bono Project of the Storyboard Kind pt.5

        As I was adding in all the text and notes, to the boards I realized I had missed a board completely.  My two options are just to insert a page with an empty box, or re cut and paste everything and keep it looking professional.  I chose the later, which means that I wasted around 4 hours of work.  However the more professional the work I do looks the better I look as an artist.

         The real lesson is that I should have just been inserting the text as well while I was cutting and pasting earlier,  that way I would not have wasted as much time and discovered the mistake earlier.  Hopefully lesson learned.

           So in this is what the storyboards look like finalized.
                     

            This took me over 12 hours to do.  Due to fixing up boards, adding a couple of shots, and generally constantly getting board numbers and shot calls wrong.  However finally it is finished.  Now I just need to get the files to the guy.

The critique:
 - The boards are rushed and horrible, however they are readable and you can tell what is going on in them.
- I finished on time and am now waiting to her back from the guy so that I can get him the files. Big Plus there.
- Using the drafting tape became a waste of effort since I wound up cutting and pasting the images into a different file.  I really wish I had remembered that, given how frustrating the drafting tape is to use and that the leftover tack did effect my images in the end.  Big mistake there.
- I should have really been adding the notes as I was doing the original cutting and pasting, that would have saved me a lot of time.  I mean a lot of time.  Big mistake as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment