Friday, August 30, 2013

The I Don't Have Time For This Pro Bono Project pt.1

      So a opportunity arose a little while ago, and someone I met gave me the opportunity to do some pro bono storyboarding.  It was for a friends music video that he was producing.  I, of course, agreed to do it.  Now of course comes the fun part.

       I had 2 weeks to do it!  Also I have been working two full-time jobs and was in the middle of getting a lot of After Effects work done for the Gangam Style Project.  So, of course, Gangam Style was put on hold and I agreed to do it.  I made sure to talk about my difficulties with the deadline and he was fine with it.  He had never used storyboards and wanted to see what it would be like.

    To start off with, I typed up some notes based on our conversation about the project and started to look for reference.

       This really just became an excuse for me to feed my old addiction of watching sad korean music videos.
   


        Since I had such very little time to work on this project I did it digitally and boy am I glad that I did.  I hadn't drawn digitally in over a year.  I had a break in between my two shifts and did some quick sketches to refresh on how to draw digitally.
     Yeah these aren't pretty, but they helped me remember my process for drawing digitally.  Also I sketched out some of what I was thinking of as possible shot calls, since I had not gotten the script yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment