Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Storyboard Animatic Project of Learning Pt. 4

        So, near the end of the quarter I lost access to the SCAD resources.  So what I did was start to make the final drawings that I knew I needed.  However I was unsure of the aspect ratio and could not remember if I found out what it was or not.  So I just cut left over storyboard templates in half and drew on the back.

   

          I was already planning on drawing on the back of these anyway, just with a windows for the frame.  That way I could make the drawings as big as possible.  Instead I had to draw them smaller so that I would have enough in the frame, and not have to redo the board.  One of the advantages to this is that have more wiggle room with the camera placement.  Also, I would have done this anyway with some of the shots and camera movements.  Here are some of the boards:






         Being the broke son of a bitch that I am, I only intend to use blue line for the perspective so I can save money.  Pencil lead is cheaper.  Working on these I did simple panel shots along with drawing the environment for me to place figures in.  The figures I drew in perspective using my light board.  This step is still in progress.  A couple of weeks ago SCAD came back in session, so I have returned to the buildings to finish up my 2nd Thumbnail runthrough.

PS.  This is my workspace.



No comments:

Post a Comment