Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Pro Bono Project of the Storyboard Kind pt.1

      I decided to accept the offer to storyboard somebody's senior film for free.  While this will slow down the animatic project, the pro bono project will be able to be put on my resume.  The guy is the friend of a friend, so I had never actually met the guy before.  So  the first thing to do was to meet the guy and talk to him about the project.  While doing so I  took notes.

    Eventually I received an email of the script and half of the shot list.  So I read the script to see what is going on.  After that I made a list of the references I  believe that I am going to need,

Then I started referencing them.

referencing like a champ

             Also before the night is over I went ahead and made my thumbnail pages and my storyboard pages.  The aspect ratio is 16:9, and while looking for an image to work from I found this helpful little image.

      You better believe that I am keeping this thing.  So I made this from it in Illustrator.


I then turned this board template...


into this using photoshop...

followed by adding the 16:9 box to it in Illustrator thus creating this.

That, boys and girls is what I will be using to storyboard this guy's senior film.  Thank you technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment