The first thing I do is import the image into Illustrator. I made sure the art board was the same size as the image, and locked it.
From there I used the rectangle tool to create the panels that I needed. There are in red so that I can see them easier among the scribbles, but it is easy enough to change to black.
I wanted standard, even, 1/4" gutters throughout the page. To help me with this, I created a 1/4 in by 1/4 in box.
This is a trick that I picked up while making my resume in InDesign. It makes it really for managing even spaces without having to use a ruler. Like so.
Simple, easy, and no math required. Then I just save it as an Illustrator file, and copy and paste it to the page in Photoshop as a vector smart object.
Now on to the drawing.

No comments:
Post a Comment