Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Class Assignment that is Two Pages Pt.6

So the pages got finished and this is how they turned out.


The critique:
           - I am not very happy with how these turned out in the end.  Storytelling wise it's fine.  But there are many things that could have been better.
           -  The silhouettes get lost and were confused some of my class mates.  
           -  I completely forgot to change the panel borders for the flashback sequence. which really confused some people.  Also it was completely unnecessary to do a flashback sequence to begin with.  It would have been simpler to just do the meatball crash first.  I was making things too complicated and you always keep things simple to tell a good story.
            - I used a digital pencil brush to pencil it to save time, and I do not like how it looks at all.  
            - I was too focused in having the cool looking brain panel and lost the silhouette of the alien in it.  Which is pretty much focusing more on a coll looking panel versus storytelling.  that is something that I have gotten frustrated with a number of people for.  Rookie mistake basically.
            -  Also as it was brought up in class, I have no textures in this.  So I definitely need to work on that..
            - The biggest issue was time management.  I spent so much time on the preliminary stages that I got behind and had to rush the pages.  I could have easily saved time by just sketching out the alien silhouettes,  or not obsessing so much on that one part of it. 
             

            

No comments:

Post a Comment