Next I made my storyboard formats for 4:3. The producer wasn't sure what they were going to use at the time so I went with what he was hoping for. After making my board pages for the correct format, I went ahead and did some blue line thumbnails from my first run.
and then saved them as Photoshop files so that I could just open the file and work back into them for the final drawings. I also saved a JPEG version so that I can make a PDF for the producer.
I decided to try something new with using the horizon lines on this project. I found a post on Tumblr about how you can use the horizon line to show which characters point of view the viewer is seeing. Since the story is about a father and son who lost someone, I used the horizon line to show when it is the father's viewpoint and the son's viewpoint.
After I finished with the blue line thumbnails, I combined them into a PDF and sent them to the producer. The reason I was sending these so much was because of the time limit and the fact that I was working two jobs. I really had no idea if I would get them to the final stage in time or not.
The producer happened to be in the lab where I was working so I went over the storyboards with him, and apparently there was a small problem with the steadicam shot that I had planned.
The problem was that they were not sure if they could get a steadicam operator in time. So I went back and planned out the sequence using still shots instead.
I sent the alternate sequence to the producer and started to work on the final drawings.






No comments:
Post a Comment